Thursday, March 10, 2005

Me love you long time...

Just finished a great book by someone who is the person I aspire to be.

Kim Wong Keltner's The Dim Sum of All Things was given to me as a Valentine's gift from John. He said it was about a Chinese-American girl who falls for a white guy at work, so he had to get it for me.

Little did he know, the main character, Lindsey, is my evil American twin. She's 25, barely speaks Cantonese, works at a magazine where she's forced to clean up after everyone (*ahem*), and she quotes Star Wars!

The best thing about the book is all the Cantonese words that are spelled out in English, and the family members in Lindsey's life, from her Bruce-Lee-loving brother to her mahjong-playing grandmother.

All I can say is that every CBC should read this book. It's lots of fun, and easy read, and doesn't get too Amy Tan on you.

Go read it. NOW!

No comments: