- Starting a fresh day book and calendar: the old ones were getting ratty--they were, like, a year old!--Okay, this still holds true at the end of every year. What can I say, I'm a sucker for calendars.
- A hot new president who will change the world (politics is fun again!)--Obama is on the road to implementing Universal Health Care, won a Nobel Peace Prize (whether you think he deserves it or not), and has done assorted other good things. No complaints from me so far.
- Being a bridesmaid in one of my longest standing friends' wedding (I'm struggling with the proper term, because it's not oldest friend, and long-time friend sounds weird. Anyone? Help?)--Er...yeah...that didn't happen...
- The bachelorette party associated with said nuptial (very possibly to Las Vegas)--This did happen. Good times.
- Watching as more of my friends from high school try for and grow big with children (and subsequently pointing and laughing, then consoling the tears and recriminations...)--Two more on the way!
- John finishing his masters of journalism (and school forever...?)--DONE AND DONE. THANK GOD.
- Me and John going on a celebratory trip to some place hot--possibly on a cruise of some kind--We both ended up taking separate trips to Vegas this year. That's as close as we got.
- A possible start to searching for our first home together--CHECK!
- Planning the wedding--Venues are booked, dress is bought...I don't need anything else, do I?
What does 2010 hold?
And I WILL sell a book, dammit, or else get an agent or SOMETHING.