Friday, June 24, 2005

My new job, week 1 summary

I am loving this!

A few quick pros to this place that I've discovered in the first three days I've been here:

1. Manager's pot luck where all the senior level staff brought food for the whole company to nosh.
2. Awesomely stocked kitchen - not just tea, but 8 differents kinds of tea! Including iced tea!
3. An unending supply of little things of cream and milk. I'm not keen on the sheer amount of packaging, but cream! AND milk!
4. A combo coffeemaker/hot water spout thingy. No need to stand and watch the water kettle boil!
5. Washroom outside of office in corridor, cleaned by building staff and not by me!
6. We're going on a boat cruise in August! The whole company! Cruising! On a boat! In Lake Ontario! On a work day! How crazy is that?
7. A clear delegation of responsibilities! Hooray!
8. Comforting silence!

Wow, I could go on, but I think I'd make people jealous!

No comments: