Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Episode Three, second viewing

I watched ROTS again with the family, as I predicted. And I maintain my first reaction: muh.

Admittedly, my initial expectations were so low I had nothing to look forward to, and nothing to even hope for. So the second time around wasn't a stretch either. At least it all went by much more quickly this time - I reserved all the washroom breaks for moments when Padme & Anakin were on screen, talking and mooning and griping. That saved me a lot of grief, I think.

The parents seemed pretty muh about it too - you'd think a couple who literally went to the movies maybe once a year would enjoy ANYTHING they saw. No, not really. And that either speaks for the crapiness of the film or the crapiness of my parents' lives.

So the second time around was pretty much as enjoyable as the first time around, and not a total waste. Still, I gotta say that I'm vastly disappointed by the sheer lack of nerds in the audience. I thought there'd be that one sweaty creepy guy in the show who'd seen it three times a week since it opened. I mean, there were more nerds at the symphony! THE SYMPHONY!! Fully-dressed everyone: Vader, Chewbacca, Stormtroopers, various miscellaneous Imperial guards and officers, Boba and Jango Fett, X-Wing pilots, Jedi Kinghts, Luke, Padme, Shmi... I think pretty much the whole freakin' cast. At the symphony. With the strings and brass and tuxedos.

Oh nerdom, I'm so disappointed in you...

No comments: