Friday, June 17, 2005

LAST DAY IN BIZARRO WORLD!!!

IT'S FINISHED!!!!

Today (Friday) was my last day at my bizarro job! I'm off to greener pastures, bluer skies, bigger bank accounts, etc.

There are no words to express the joy!!! (Yeah yeah, all of you new readers who I've worked with, I'll miss y'all.)

It was a great day. I was practically euphoric. Of course, the day couldn't have been longer.

Have I mentioned how much I love my MP3 player? I think it's magic - like it only tells the truth or something. I just downloaded some Aimee Mann songs including one that started up as I left the house:

Calling It Quits
Aimee Mann

He’s a serious mister
Shake his hand and he’ll twist your arm
With monopoly money
We’ll be buying the funny farm
So I’ll do flips,
And get paid in chips
From a diamond as big as the ritz--
Then I’m calling it quits

Eyes the color of candy
Lies to cover the handicap
Though your slippers are ruby
You’ll be led to the booby trap
And there’s no prize,
Just a smaller size
So I’m wearing the shoe til it fits--
Then I’m calling it quits

Now he’s numbering himself among the masterminds
Cause he’s hit upon the leverage of valentines
Lifting dialogue from judy garland storylines
Where get-tough girls turn into goldmines

But oh, those polaroid babies
Taking chances with rabies
Happy to tear me to bits--
Well, I’m calling it quits
Yes, I’m calling it quits.

Creepy chilltacularness. I have to buy this CD now.

So guess what my MP3 player played as I was going home?:

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

(George Weiss / Bob Thiele)


I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Oh yeah


Oh, and for all of you who know about my boss:

I toilet papered his office this morning.
Pictures to come.

1 comment:

The Red Fork said...

That's wicked. You are by far the coolest. I'd have done something similar to the man's office if it wouldn't have verged on illegal . . . Congratulations and you already know how happy I am for you. How bloody hard you worked.