Friday, May 20, 2005

What does Palpatine do when he has too many Sith Lords?

[With the Jedi Council destroyed, a lineup of Dark side Force-wielders has formed outside of Darth Sidious'/Palpatine's head office, hoping for a place among the Sith Lords]

Palpatine: And you shall be known as... DARTH VADER. Arise.

Vader: ...Uh, pardon me, my master, but your apprentice already has that title.

Palpatine: Huh? What? Oh... so then, you shall be named.... uh.... DARTH HILARIOUS.

Hilarious: WHAT? I can't be called that! I'll be the laughing stock at the Sith Lord's convention!

Palp: INSOLENT WORM!

[*ZZZZAP!!*]

Hilarious: AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! I-I'm sorry! I take the name with great honour!

Palpatine: Arise, Darth Hilarious....

[Time passes. The line does not seem to be getting shorter]

Palpatine: ...And you shall be known as... er... gosh I'm running out of names now... you'll be, let's see... [flipping through an intergalactic dictionary] .... DARTH ODIOUS.

Odious: [sniffing under armpits] ...*sniff sniff*.... fair enough.

[At the Sith Lord Convention, the newly christened Sith congregate, Smirnoff Ices in hand...]

Darth Hilarious: ... and then he zapped me! Man, I can't wait 'til I learn that trick.

Darth Perfidious: I waited, like, three days in the lineup to make sure I got a good name. I was tenth in line! I slept in my cloak and ate cheez-its for three days! And what does he do? He pulls out a thesaurus!

Darth Outrageous: Well, at least YOUR name doesn't make you sound gay.

Darth Incongruous: Or bipolar.

Darth Bad: Or moronic.

Darth Flaccid: I always fancied I was more of a "Darth Dangerous"...

Darth Odious: All of you, stop complaining and shut up! Here he comes.

Darth Inconspicuous: Somebody say something to him.

Darth Hilarious: Whoa, is your cowl on too tight? I've already been fried once today, thanks.

Darth Impetuous: Hey guys! What are you talking about?

Darth Libidinous: Ah...Impetuous. Go tell Palpatine we don't like our names and that we can choose them for ourselves, but thanks anyhow.

Impetuous: Okay!

[Impetuous walks over to the ageing Sith Lord and addresses him briefly before being toasted into a cinder]

Impetuous: AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Palpatine: Anyone else have a problem with their name?

[The gloved hands of Darths Mo'fo, Ugly, and Incontinent go up. They are immediately incinerated]

Palpatine: At this rate I won't have enough Sith Lords to watch the galaxy! How am I supposed to fight?

No comments: