Saturday, May 14, 2005

Damn LCD lights

Not to knock their efficient use of energy while still providing brightness and colour, but there are too many damn LCD lights on in my room and they're keeping me awake.

First there's the alarm clock, which gives my tiny room an eerie green glow. Fine. I need to see what time it is, so I can stand that.

Then there's the red-orange cycloptic eye on my stereo that tells everyone it's on standby. Why would anyone care? If the room is that dark that you would need a light to guide you to your stereo, a normal person would turn on a light.

There's also the bright green light on the AC adapter for my external hard drive. I mean, why do these even need to exist? It's plugged in. Great. Thanks. If it's not working, I don't need a little green light to tell me.

And that's only the things that I can't turn off. I can't leave my hard drive on at night to download files or tape late-night shows because it gives off a glaring electric blue light. And when I need to recharge my batteries, there's a red LCD and a flashing green LCD that lets you know it's recharging.

When did the computer industry get so LCD happy? Raaarrggh!!!

1 comment:

The Red Fork said...

http://storewars.org/flash/index.html

If this isn't a Vicki-link, I don't know what is.