Saturday, May 09, 2009

This is what happens when John is away

I start abusing the digital camera by taking pictures of the blisters bad shoes leave behind.



This blister is not from my new running shoes. This I got after walking to Loblaws (about 0.85 km away) and back in canvas Keds flats last week. I don't remember them ever cutting this deep, but when the skin peeled away after the blister broke, other shoes started cutting a groove into the soft flesh in the back of my ankle. Think Achilles' Heel. It really hurts.

What makes this picture really funny: I pulled a muscle in my side while trying to get this shot. Fun times.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

before doing any reading i thought this entry was breast cancer related, but either way that's gross

Fi said...

Stop blogging your nasty afflictions! Ewww!

Barbara said...

Whenever I get new shoes I wear them around the house for about a week or so before trying them outside to avoid the ouchiness of blisters. They are not fun and I also found out that socks with holes in bad places can lead to blisters regardless of whether the shoes have been broken in or not.