Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fighting for Her Love--Draft One COMPLETE!


Finished my first draft of my third novel, Fighting for Her Love!

WOOT!!!111ONE!!!

By the second half, it flowed like water, which I attribute to the fact that I did a lot of planning beforehand. Also, I talked out a lot of points with a critique group at the Toronto Romance Writers, and they really helped me nail down the character arcs and themes. So yay, thanks to them for all their help!

I'm really pleased with this story. It helped that I had a lot of inspiration (thanks to the sexy cover of February's Men's Fitness magazine) and just understood my characters' motivations. I came to the end of the story going "ahh" instead of "meh" as I have for the last two books. Also, I actually managed to write to word count this time, instead of over writing and then cutting! Awesome!

And now, the fun editing begins...*groan*...

I might let this rest for a couple of weeks and re-work Star Attraction. I've yet to submit that book to anyone, and should really try to before November.

Whew....I feel really good!

2 comments:

Six Degrees said...

Do you need a test audience? I'd be happy to read it.

HM said...

Go, Vicki! You're seriously awesome!