Friday, May 22, 2009

It begins....

Today, John and I went to view our first possible wedding venue, the Enoch Turner Schoolhouse. It was nice enough, though both of us are kind of shrugging our shoulders, wondering what we're supposed to want when all we really want is to be happy and married. You know, that thing we're supposed to be on our wedding day.

As the manager there put it, "How are you supposed to know? How often does anyone get married?"

We've done some preliminary talking and budgeting, and I even bought the Real Simple Weddings 2009 magazine, even though I promised myself years ago I'd never buy a wedding magazine. *growl*. Oddly enough, I find myself striking out all kinds of things in the mag that really aren't that simply. I mean, who really needs centerpieces or bonbonniers or place cards or flowers or bridesmaids or invitations or...

Yeah, maybe we should just elope....

1 comment:

Six Degrees said...

We were drunkenly discussing you guys at the pub today and we think that it's important that whatever it is you do, you are excited and happy about it. Keep that in mind when you look around. Btw, Celestial Speedster is willing to wear a wookie costume with a dress on top of it if you invite her.