Friday, May 01, 2009

Moments in which I wish I had better forethought/judgment....


Me, writing a steamy hot first-kiss scene for my third book, Fighting for Her Love...while on the public bus, with a wide-eyed Filipino nanny reading over my shoulder:

Me: [typing] A low growl emitted from his throat. The temperature of her skin went from frigid to flaming in seconds, and a buzz started low in her gut, a primal reaction that echoed Dom's almost feral snarl of possession. His hands raked through her hair, across her shoulders and circled around her waist. She was lost in heady lust as he backed her against the edge of the dining room table, its lip pressing into her waist, the unmistakable...

[thinking] ...evidence of his arousal? Naw, that's so cliche....

[typing] ...jut of his arousal grazing her belly. She let his palms, big, strong and capable, caress massage squeeze cup her aching breasts through the too-thin fabric of her sundress....

This was almost like that time I read my first Harlequin Blaze while sitting in a Tim Hortons and nearly choked on my tea...oh, for those more virginal days....

No comments: