Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

Goodbye 2008! Hell-o 2009!

This year promises some great things for me, and while I've given up making resolutions, I am looking forward to the following:

  • Starting a fresh day book and calendar: the old ones were getting ratty--they were, like, a year old!
  • A hot new president who will change the world (politics is fun again!)
  • Being a bridesmaid in one of my longest standing friends' wedding (I'm struggling with the proper term, because it's not oldest friend, and long-time friend sounds weird. Anyone? Help?)
  • The bachelorette party associated with said nuptial (very possibly to Las Vegas)
  • Watching as more of my friends from high school try for and grow big with children (and subsequently pointing and laughing, then consoling the tears and recriminations...)
  • John finishing his masters of journalism (and school forever...?)
  • Me and John going on a celebratory trip to some place hot--possibly on a cruise of some kind
  • A possible start to searching for our first home together
  • Planning the wedding

Okay, so that last one isn't so much a "looking forward to" point as much as a "will have to address eventually" one. But I'm sure that will become evident throughout the year as I start the actual planning.

Best wishes to everyone in the new year!

No comments: