Sunday, April 17, 2005

Mmm, yummy

Just finished watching Coppola's The Outsiders. Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise, Emilio Estevez, Matt Dillion, Ralph Macchio (that's right, the Karate Kid had another role!), and C. Thomas Howell, all before they got old, wrinkly and funny-looking.

I especially liked the scene where Darell Curtis (Swayze) is changing out of his itty-bitty black t-shirt and Rob Lowe walks out of the room wearing a towel and a smile. And before any of you who haven't seen the film think something's Sam-and-Frodo about them, I'll disappoint you now: they're brothers in this flick.

I give this movie 6 abs and an unattainable eighth up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vicki -

This is my favourite book, and I read it once a year. While some parts of the movie are super cheese (the sunset scene with Cherry - gag!), it's amazing to see all those huge, soon-to-be stars in one flick. Can you imagine the cost to produce it now? (ok, maybe 10 years ago when when Swayze and Karate Kid were cool).

BTW, it looks like me and you and Danielle and Lis are @ the same table @ Jodi's wedding. Looking forward to it.

Carly