Friday, April 08, 2005

It's WAAAY better than my birthday!!!

I came home to find my new MP3 player and my new stylish vinyl purse I got off eBay had arrived in the mail! On top of that, my previously broken CD/DVD ROM drive has been replaced by Senan. Yay for Senan! Perfect timing!

Finally, the nightmare of leaving my room to be entertained is over!

He-llooooooo video games! Did you miss me?

As I am now filling my happy little eyeshadow-compact-sized player with the contents of my CD collection, I am amazed at how far technology has come since I was 13. The coolest thing back then was to have a chunky yellow CD sports walkman that everyone could see, and you had to save games and files on 3.5" floppies.

I remember most of the games I loved - the Sierra games that you can now download in a matter of minutes online - would take up 5 or 6 of those floppies, and they'd all have to be inserted in at some point, and they were text based with graphics... I learned how to type playing those games!

*Sigh*... meeemmm-or-rieeeess... of the daaaays we use to knooooooww......

No comments: