Wednesday, March 15, 2006

S-s-ooooo...c-c-c-cooooollllddd...

We're having four new windows installed in the house. One of them is in my room.
As a result, the house is now freezing - we've turned the heat off while the workers do the installation. The thermostat reads a balmy 16 degrees celcius (about 61 farenheit or 289 Kelvins, for you nerds out there.) But it also happens to be one of the windiest days in memory. So with the windchill, my living room feels like minus 30 C.

Fun. I am currently wearing 3 sweaters and two pairs of pants, plus both of my hoodies are drawn up and I'm wearing my spiffy new fuzzy blue gloves that Catherine gave me. They make my hands look like Cookie Monster's, or possible Grover's. It's hard to type with such fat, muppet-like digits, I tell ya.

I find myself drifting off into hibernation mode, but I have nowhere warm to be and no bed to lie down on. Not even the couch. Not that I'm complaining - these guys are getting the windows done pretty fast. Still... brr.

On a side note, because this blog is all about wasting time and learning trivial matters, the best way to get warm is to strip naked and climb into a sleeping bag with someone else who is already naked.

John, I'm looking in your direction.

1 comment:

john said...

If I were within 500 km of Toronto, I'd be there.

So sad, really.