Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Writer's Update


Finished my third edit on Fighting For Her Love. Got it to 65,000 words and change. Gotta let it breathe before I cut it down a little more, so it'll probably be going to big sister for a read. Don't know what she'll say about it, as I named the heroine after her and her son. But hey, she and Xiao Pangzi dared me to write it, so really, it's their fault this book exists at all.

Going back to Star Attraction for now--looking back, I can see all kinds of glaring problems with the opening chapter. This was one of those cases where I listened to way too much advice about writing instead of just writing what I felt. I'd overedited the first three chapters so much, none of it made sense to me. No wonder a judge gave me a 2 in the Golden Hearts.

If I can cut the word count down, I'm aiming to send this out to either Special Edition or possibly Harlequin (Mills & Boon Tender) Romance sometime in late fall, or winter. But I think I'm going to revise the plot a whole bunch and streamline it so it, you know, makes sense.

No word yet from M & B on Her Cinderella Secret.

My last fan fiction story is coming to a close. Just an epilogue left and I'll be free to pursue other fandoms or activities. I should really try to plan that wedding and find that place to live....

No other strikes of genius have hit me lately for a fourth book, so I might try my hand at some short story writing for a couple of quickie ideas that have been bouncing around. I need to get back to writing for my pleasure. Fanfic was that for me for a long time, but since the end of Avatar, I've been hard-pressed to come up with anything else.

I have been playing with the idea of writing a fanfic for Gabriel Knight, the game whose demise left all kinds of questions hanging in my mind and in the mind of other fans. But that'll entail more work than I am willing to put into a dead fandom.

No comments: