Friday, June 12, 2009

Dressed to...well, not thrill....

Went shopping on Sunday with my two lovely bridesmaids. Having no idea what I wanted, I left them to make the decisions for me.

My only real requests: under $200, and no ginormous train or hoop skirt. I don't want people to be helping me pee. I go often.

After some rooting around Kensington Market (which, sadly, produced nothing of interest) we headed for the bridal strip on Spadina around Queen. After trying several dresses on, the basic style has been narrowed down:

Taffeta (crunchy!); off-white (white-white looks freakish); with rouching around the midriff (to hide my lumpy belly).

So, yay! Now I can go outlet shopping and actually do some real looking!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

ruching not rouching, i went to go find out what it meant and i got
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rouching

Vicki said...

Schooled by my little sister in spelling! Sex spelling, no less!

celestialspeedster said...

I don't know about that 'ruching at the waist' strategy to hide your midriff. That sounds like the cheap tactics people usually use when buying a bathing suit.

I would recommend that you buy yourself some spanx and the bra and shoes that you intend to wear on your wedding day. That way, when you try on dresses, you have a better idea of whether the fit is good.

Fi said...

spanx are good but costumes are better. What better way to hide a couple of extra pounds than with a Queen Amidala dress?