Friday, June 26, 2009

Conquer Cancer in Our Lifetime

Knowing I've some cheques in the mail and a wad of cash collected from the good people in the community of Kensington Market, I am happy to announce that I've reached my $1500 goal for the Weekend to End Breast Cancer!

Hooray!

The fund-raising won't stop, of course--every penny counts, and I would like to thank everyone who has been so generous towards my campaign.

To those of you who would still like to donate, there's plenty of time! But since I've made my goal, I urge you to go to my team's web page and sponsor one of my colleagues who has yet to meet their goal. If you still want it to be "for me" you can add a note saying, "On behalf of..."


Meanwhile, Flocons de Mais sent me this great link for this awesome video for the Princess Margaret Hospital. I like that the song is the opening to "Bittersweet Symphony."

Thanks once again to everyone for all their wonderful support and donations. Updates will continue right up to the day of the walk!

Wish my feet luck!

1 comment:

Flocons said...

Apparently, the hospital contacted The Verve for permission to use the song. As it so happens, one of the individuals who works closely with the band was treated at PMH. He arranged for the hospital to use the music free of charge!