Monday, August 29, 2005

Still Alive, part 1

Got the car today - a Chevrolet Cobalt. It's blue and shiny and came with interior and exterior spiders. If those things had appeared on my hand while I was driving, I would have skidded off the road and crashed into a tree just to get them off.

I seem to be faring okay on the road, but I think I've carried over some of my bad pedestrian walking habits over to driving. Such as zooming ahead to get around other people. Not checking my blind spots on occasion. Stopping too abruptly. That kind of thing. One wonders why the province thought I was road worthy.

John said I drove fine, and his confidence feeds my own. I will take this glorious opportunity to announce how much I love him. Tomorrow we celebrate our 5th year together as a couple!
John! I love you! Kisses and hugs and shnuggles! [*shnuggle shnuggle shnuggle shnuggle shnuggle*]

Tomorrow will be the real test for me - driving alone on the 401. If all goes well, there will be a second part to this blog.

I reiterate my warking to you all: Everyone, stay off the roads.

No comments: