Quips for the past couple of weeks:
- The Olympics: I'm adopting the phrased "Pwn the Odium" (TM) after spending two weeks reading and listening to international and domestic sniping about how Vancouver has been "The Worst Olympics Ever." Frankly, I'm sure there have been worse...you know, like the ones where people got blown up by terrorist bombs. And part of me wonders if the international sports media is just complaining because Canadians are easy targets--like the quiet nerdy kid who likes to read in the library at lunch, but who plays a mean stickball at recess. In any case, Canada pulled through on their sports of choice--hockey and curling--and reaped a record number of goals. We didn't "Own the Podium" but, like good Canadians, we're satisfied to have played and placed. The important thing is we had fun!
- The Wedding: 90 days left. Trying not to hyperventilate. All I ask is that we're married and no bloodshed has ensued by the end of the night....
- Smartikus: I think he might fail at cat. John and I both witnessed our poor kitty attempt to leap from the counter to the table, but he missed and performed a loud and spectacular face-plant on the ground, all paws outstretched. And then, while playing fetch, he bolted straight into a footstool. Both times, he recovered and pretended it hadn't happened.
And now, some links:
Videos from my bachelorette:
- Getting made into a lady of the realm (i.e. being knighted) at Medieval Times
- Attacking the Black-and-White Knight
- Presenting the "Hottest Man in the Land" award to the Green Knight at Medieval Times
And, because I need to cross-post more, this, from Vicki Heat's blog: