Sunday, February 28, 2010

Playing blogging catchup

I've been seriously neglecting my blog due to a few things. Time's been short, but also, I've been having some weird inner ear congestion thing that makes me dizzy and unable to hear out of the right side. Doc says to take a decongestant, but the meds make me even more dizzy and nauseated, so it's hard to sit still at my desk a lot.

Quips for the past couple of weeks:

  • The Olympics: I'm adopting the phrased "Pwn the Odium" (TM) after spending two weeks reading and listening to international and domestic sniping about how Vancouver has been "The Worst Olympics Ever." Frankly, I'm sure there have been worse...you know, like the ones where people got blown up by terrorist bombs. And part of me wonders if the international sports media is just complaining because Canadians are easy targets--like the quiet nerdy kid who likes to read in the library at lunch, but who plays a mean stickball at recess. In any case, Canada pulled through on their sports of choice--hockey and curling--and reaped a record number of goals. We didn't "Own the Podium" but, like good Canadians, we're satisfied to have played and placed. The important thing is we had fun!
  • The Wedding: 90 days left. Trying not to hyperventilate. All I ask is that we're married and no bloodshed has ensued by the end of the night....
  • Smartikus: I think he might fail at cat. John and I both witnessed our poor kitty attempt to leap from the counter to the table, but he missed and performed a loud and spectacular face-plant on the ground, all paws outstretched. And then, while playing fetch, he bolted straight into a footstool. Both times, he recovered and pretended it hadn't happened.

And now, some links:

Videos from my bachelorette:


And, because I need to cross-post more, this, from Vicki Heat's blog:

1 comment:

celestialspeedster said...

For once, Canadians did not just have to settle for participation and personal bests. Canada got the most gold medals of any country in the history of the Winter Olympics. We didn't "Own the Podium" but we owned the top tier of it.