Friday, July 03, 2009

I had to take my pants off to pump up my ball...

A trip to our local Canadian Tire to purchase camping equipment also yielded good deals on things John and I have been lately coveting: namely, a 65-inch inflatable yoga ball for me, and a bike pump for John.

Gleefully, I raced home to open up my new purchase, which cost only $3.58. I ripped the massive purple rubber sphere from the plastic bag, and immediately started using the included hand pump to inflate it.

Three minutes later, the healing effects of $84 massage I'd just gone for disappeared as I gave this damn thing the hand job of a lifetime.

But wait, I just purchased a bike pump, didn't I?

So in went the Raleigh bike pump ($15.99 on sale). I worked that thing like a someone doing something dirty and suggestive to a something. (Give me a break, I read this kind of thing all the time.)

As I write this post, thirty minutes later, I am STILL pumping my ball up, and working up a huge sweat in the process. I've had to change into shorts so I don't overheat, as the hose in the bike pump seems to be doing (ouch, that thing scalds. Who knew air friction produced heat? Damn thermodynamics....) I'm going to have to put a movie in while I do this...it's barely halfway full...


...But wait...didn't I just buy an electric pump for the air mattress we purchased for our camping trip???

*runs gleefully for pump*

1 comment:

Jenny said...

$3.58?? holy cow i want one!