Sunday, April 12, 2009

Writer's Update


1. My first book, All in the Details has been renamed: Her Cinderella Secret is prepped and ready to go out to Mills & Boon Tender Romance this week. Slush pile, here I come!

2. My third book, Fighting for Her Love, was on hiatus, but I'm tuned back in now! I hope to get a more comprehensive first draft done by October, at the latest.

3. I'm playing Dungeons and Dragons next weekend. I thought it might help my storytelling skills and imagination so that I can figure out my young adult novel heroine, Ohi Mimare. In DnD, she's a level 1 albino Eladrin rogue who's pursuing whoever tried to murder her adopted father. In my head, she's an outcast albino girl bent on solving the mystery of some stuff that goes on...er...yeah....

4. My second book, Star Attraction, did not make the Golden Heart finals. I'll post the scores as soon as they come in the mail. Back to the ol' drawing board....

5. My other book starring someone who is looking and sounding more and more like Simon Pegg in my mind is on hold. I'm stuck, though the characters are floating in the back of my head, banging on my skull to continue. I wish they wouldn't do that.

On reading:

I'm recharging with a little happy reading of Deanna Raybourn's latest in the Lady Julia Grey novels. She's my favorite Regency author by far. Go out and buy Silent on the Moor...but don't tell me what happens! I'm not done with it yet!

I'm giving up on Pride and Prejudice. I might settle for either Marvel Comic's Pride and Prejudice, or the very popular Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. In either instance, at least there'd be pictures, and violence in at least one of these retellings. Maybe I'll just rent the BBC miniseries and be done with it.

Have a pile of research books to read about MMA and karate. Also, still haven't figured out how to set the speed dial on my new cell phone, so I need to read the manual.

Got a great bookmark from John: it has a kitty wearing a sweater and the words "And THEN what happened?" printed all over it.

Pretty much sums up the plot bunnies and constipated cats of curiosity eating up the grass of my time and energy.

So much to do...

1 comment:

Flocons said...

I'm going to start reading my copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies after this long weekend. We should form a book club!

"So what did everyone think of Mr. Darcy's comments after the chainsawing down of the fifth zombie horde?"