Thursday, March 22, 2007

Me+Seafood+Coffee=BLARRHHGGH...

I had the most scrumptuous meal yesterday at the Plum Tomato, complete with complimentary dessert and cappuccinos (because our waiter was the most awesome guy ever!)...but now I am severely paying for my gluttony.

See, since the perfectly made cappuccinos were on the house, and Sean the waiter had very kindly brought them to us, I couldn't NOT drink it, even though I'd already indulged in a Coke with my seafood linguine.

Consequently, I was vibrating ever so slightly as I went to bed last night, woke up at the slightest noise (including my own breathing) and had nothing but heart-pounding-sit-up-straight-in-your-bed-sweating-and-screaming nightmares the entire night. Including one where our house was repeatedly robbed and Sammy was stolen, along with John's entire book collection (all but his latest Kim Stanley Robinson book. Because apparently, even the thieves didn't want to read it.)

I had to call in sick because my eyes and brain weren't working. Still aren't, actually. And my muscles are tired from clenching all night.

The moral of this story: no coffee after 2:00 pm for me. I already knew this, of course, but....FREE COFFEE!!! How can I possibly heed my own rules when free stuff is involved??

No comments: