Friday, May 12, 2006

I said yes!

All I went out shopping for today was a pair of new shoes to wear to my new job...

I ended up with something much, much better...


Meet my new baby: we call him Sammy. We got him a little brother too: Sammy Davis Jr. (HDTV DVD player.)

This is way better than an engagement ring. Right now, John and I are squeeing with delight at the sheer detail we can see as we go through our entire DVD collection. So far, we've gone through bits of T2, the Two Towers, Babylon 5, Teen Titans, Minority Report, and Saving Private Ryan... and we both agree: pores on 32" LCD screens are not a pretty thing, even from 7 feet away.

Me so happy.

4 comments:

Flocons said...

I just need to clarify this. Did John just propose to you... with a large screen TV and DVD player???

Vicki said...

No, he didn't propose, per se - but we really wanted to take a picture of my hand with a twist-tie around the finger attached to the TV and DVD player. It's our first major purchase together.

Incidentally, I've asked John to marry me lots of times, and he's asked me too. Hell, I don't need no damn ring - I've got a frickin' 32" LCD TV!!!

Flocons said...

You know, you guys might be on to something here. Diamond rings are so old school. It would be so much easier and practical to propose with electronics instead. Genius!

The Red Fork said...

Well for what it's worth--congratulations!