Monday, May 08, 2006

For Blogging's Sake...

Dropping a line to say that after a horrible ordeal with U-Haul, John has finally moved in, and we've been living together for a week. Yay!

Meanwhile, the job hunt continues - have some prospects on the go and had an interview at Harlequin Enterprises today. Yes, Harlequin, the publishers of trashy romance fics you can get at your local 7-11. Though these days, they publish a lot more than just romance (though they usually have some romantic aspect to the plot.) I didn't know this, but Harlequin started up in Winnipeg in 1949 - yes, it's a Canadian success story! Who knew? Anyhow, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping beyond hope they take me as a new proofreader.

Otherwise, life is good. Spring has sprung and I'm making significant progress on my original writing. Who knows? Maybe one day you'll see my name on a trashy romance novel at 7-11...

3 comments:

emily pound said...

Congrats on the interview and the boyfriend! :-)

You got farther than I did with those motherfuckers at Harlequin. I must've applied for proofreading jobs with them about 3 times and have never gotten an interview. So much for all my faxes and emails. So bravo to you! And good luck!

Anonymous said...

There is no way you can use your real name when you pen a Harlequin book because it's not sexy enough. You must use something that hints at extensive sexual experience with men like Fabio while remaining relateable and spunky.
How about: Bridget Johns or Mary Bradshaw or, my favourite, Barbara Lovelace?

Anonymous said...

I dont know of ANYONE who has had a good experience with U-Haul, myself included. They managed to rip me off TWICE, claiming that I didn't fill up the gas tank before returing the truck, when I KNOW i did; I filled it till it overflowed onto the pavement! Buncha crooks if you ask me.

I wonder how they're still in business?