Been spending the last couple of days NOT writing--which is surprisingly difficult, since I have so many projects I'd like to start/continue/complete. Still, I can't deny that treating myself to a brain break is really helping...of course, I'm also dealing with a lovely cough/flu thing, so laying low isn't a bad idea.
It's occurred to me that I don't take enough pleasure in my life, so I've been steadily dosing myself with joy over the past couple of days. Here's what I treated myself to:
- 1 McDonald's Cheeseburger (more than that would be disgusting)
- A pretty new ID holder for my Metropass (because I always seem to carry it and my debit card independently of my wallet)
- Pizza (from Eglinton Station--they make the best pizza there)
- PS2 video game--Avatar: The Burning Earth (on sale for $20 at Toys R Us! I've wanted this for a long time, but didn't want to shell out $50 for it)
- Trendy black tights (because they're trendy)
In addition to playing ATLA: TBE until I pass out from not blinking, I've actually sat down to watch FullMetal Alchemist, which I acquired some time ago and haven't been able to sit through. I've entirely forgotten to joy of vegging out in front of the TV, watching episode after episode of something that seems to have no end in sight. (Yeah, yeah, everyone tells me to watch Bleach--I'll get there eventually.)
As I write this, I am eating blueberry pancakes John has made. They're delish.
Oh, the simply joys in life.