Friday, May 23, 2008

Grey's Lobotomy

I can write Grey's Anatomy dialogue.
I can start a drawn-out diatribe with an opening statement, then back it up with examples that clarify my position, using run-on sentences to further the urgency and intensity of my emotions.
I can begin every sentence thereafter with the same first two words to develop an established rhythm and pattern so you have no way of interjecting.
I can repeat a phrase and use emphasis on different words to make my point.
I can repeat a phrase and use emphasis on different words to make my point.
I. Can. Repeat a phrase. And use emphasis on different words to make my point.
And I can end my diatribe with the sentence I used at the very beginning.
I can write Grey's Anatomy dialogue.


That said, I don't know why Derek and Meredith keep yo-yoing back and forth in their tired relationship. I'm sick of those two--I only watch the show for everyone else.

Kinda makes me wonder if it'll end up like Dawson's Creek after the title character sorta got pushed out of the picture by the wildly more popular best-friend character.

Not that I ever watched the show or anything.

Taking bets now as to how many episodes it'll take in the next season for Derek and Meredith to break up: I give it five episodes, when a twisty new character will be added to the ensemble and draw Meredith's attention away.

(See what I did there?)

1 comment:

celestialspeedster said...

I've never watched Grey's Anatomy and, from the few clips I've seen, I don't understand the mass appeal. It seems very angsty for an adult drama about people who are supposed to be intelligent.

For my fix of medical drama, I prefer House, which is much funnier but still dramatically compelling.