Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Writer Update


Lookit mah fancy new Photoshop banner to ID this post! Shweeeeet.

Finally shipped off my entry to the Golden Heart today. No more thinking about Star Attraction for a while--I'm going back to my first romance book, All in the Details, and reworking it for Silhouette Desire.

My young adult book is on hold--I haven't had the juice to work on it. But that'll change, since I'm finally going back to reading stuff I like--namely Maria V. Snyder's Fire Study, the third in the Study series. I met Maria a couple of weeks ago when she came to Harlequin, and had a bit more time to chat with her at a talk she gave to the Toronto Romance Writers. She's awesome.

Meanwhile, I'm working on a new urban mythology book about an agent of retribution living on earth. No title yet. I'm trying to move into writing "books of my heart"--which is to say, books I want to write. But I've been so drained lately, I'm mostly just trying to get a few words out now and again just to ensure I still can write.

On my To Be Read shelf:
--Gone With the Wind (which I bought in the summer when it was reissued in MMPB)
--Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things (I would like to try doing more short stories, but I'm apparently not good at keeping things short)
--Pride and Prejudice (I think I've started reading this, like, four times, all while in the bathroom. Obviously not the best place to do my reading.)
--Kool-aid-crazy vampire phenomenon Twilight (Because all the cool kids are doing it...though I still think I'll wait to see the movie first so my "expectations" aren't destroyed.)

Enough for now. Must get to work....

No comments: