Friday, April 18, 2008

Obligatory Author's Update

Photobucket

Among the klassy postings of penis size charts and clips of Avatar-related YouTube videos, I'm trying to strive some professionalism in my "writing career". Ergo, here be the obligatory update on my works in progress, since people seem to be asking:

All in the Details--my first book, completed in 2007, was rejected in January by Harlequin Silhouette Special Edition, as you probably already know. It is, however, under consideration with The Wild Rose Press, a much smaller publisher that's been accepting a lot more submissions. I should hear back by the end of the month. (Crossing fingers.)

Star Attraction--I recently completed my second book, part of a series with two common characters from All in the Details. Members of my lovely critique group, who I met just recently for lunch, are reading the first three chapters and hopefully tearing it to shreads (because only from the ashes can a phoenix rise, or some such Iroh-esque proverb). From there I'll be editing, and then panning for beta readers. (Takers? Takers? Anyone?)

Untitled short story--Samhain Publishing has a call for submissions for a humorous fantasy/supernatural anthology of short stories. Being a bit of an old hand at churning out Avatar laughs over at Fanfiction.net, I figure, meh, let's try writing on a tight deadline and submitting. I've been skipping lunchtime pilates sessions, churning out what I can on my lil' Eee PC and getting eyestrain doing so. My goal is simply to finish and submit. If I'm funny enough...well, we'll just have to see....

Fanfiction--Still working on In the Family Way, and publishing about one chapter per week. I actually write a whole bunch of drabbles, connecting the story threads as I go, until I have a cohesive story...with as many punches as I can throw in, just to keep it interesting.

Other...?--I have two other novels on the go, but haven't touched them for about 2 months now since I've been working to finish the short story and the seventh draft of Star Attraction.

On the pseudonym front, I haven't chosen one yet, but I've had quite a few suggestions, which will someday go into a post of its own.

So, yeah, busy, busy, busy. If you ever wondered what I do in my spare time, this is pretty much it. Yup. My life summed up in one blog post....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna read it!