Tuesday, January 30, 2007

VICTORY IS MINE!

Got you, you little poo-on-the-keyboard-making rodent.

Yes, the humane trap ultimately lead to death, as John will explain.

Trust me, with the things I was coming up with, drowning him was the most humane thing to do.

For instance, I had fancied setting an example for all the other vermin, freezing him in a block of ice and turning it into my favourite decoration a la Han Solo in Jabba's palace, keeping a collection the more mice I caught. But I decided there'd be too many drawbacks, including storage. Also, I might be percieved as a freak.

Some of you are probably squirming at the sight of a dead mouse. But hey, I eat meat and wear leather, too. I've even had white lab mice as pets and I assure you, they're just as verminy (though perhaps a little more antiseptic) as their cocoa-colored cousins.

As a wise man once said, "You're awfully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat."

Let's see what else we catch tonight...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that the actual mouse you caught? well i guess drowning is better than letting yoshi get at it, though i must say yoshi is a clean killer, one bite and no blood, just a quick crush of it's body.

celestialspeedster said...

You could have also borrowed my cat, Rusty, who has killed a mouse and a robin then brought his prizes back to me, to my horror. I managed to save a second mouse he caught and release it.

In exchange for his efficiency, you need to put up with teenage level sulking and the threat of physical violence if you pet him too much.

It's worth it!

Vicki said...

That is, in fact, the mouse we caught, post drowning. And while I would have loved to borrow a cat to get him, I wouldn't want the infamously insane Rusty around...he's like the Joker of cats... ("wait'll they getta loada me...")

Anonymous said...

why didn't you just flush it?

Danielle said...

Vicki,

While I'm sure he deserved the fate you bestowed upon him, that's GROSS!