Monday, July 31, 2006

Good News Everyone! OR "Too bad you're made of meat"

My sister Fiona is about 2 months pregnant.

It was bound to happen sooner or later - I've been keeping my mouth shut for about a month now, but the cat's out of the bag, so I can post here.

Dunno what to feel exactly, except that I have plans for this niece/nephew of mine. To start with, I will be calling him/her Koh, The Face Stealer. If I have to register him/her for kindergarten, the teacher will assuredly be calling out, "Koh The Face Stealer Kwong", and he/she will have no choice but to respond "Present!"

As the parasite (thanks Carly, I'll never be able to call a baby anything else) grows and develops, I'll happily get to point and laugh at my sister whose belly will soon rival my own rotund and unimpregnated one (unless you count gas and fat as pregnancy; in which case, call me St. Vicki of the Perpetually Pregnant, Fat and Gassy.)

I suppose I am excited for the day a little Kwong is crawling around the house. Or lying around and being fed. Or something. As long as I don't have to deal with poop, pee, or snot, I'm happy. (Me + holding babies = accidents and bad).

Yeah. So Fiona's preggers. Way to get knocked up, sis!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. I look forward to sending "little Koh" downstairs for a healthy helping of education; Aunt Vicki style. He/she will be well versed in Avatar, Joss Whedon, and from Uncle J, good beers.

The Red Fork said...

Congratulations Vicki! There's nothing like aunt-dom, and trust me you'll be good at holding the baby and its poop before you know it.