Thursday, July 20, 2006

And the Winner of the Scariest Movie of 2006 goes to Al Gore for An Inconvenient Truth

Went to see the critically-acclaimed Al Gore movie, An Inconvenient Truth, about global warming on Monday. It's taken me this long to get over the overwhelming guilt, dread and depression it heaped on me. I mean, honestly, who would have thought a slide show presentation with lots of graphs would freak me out this much?

Yes, that's right. Scary graphs.

I don't want to bore you with what went into creating this fascinating and life-changing documentary: that's for Dymaxion World to do. Suffice to say that if you really want a film that will make you think about what you do on a day-to-day basis, make you see how simply walking instead of driving will help you save the world, and why you should, then you should see this flick.

Roger Ebert had a great quote for it. He says:

In 39 years, I have never written these words in a movie review, but here they are: You owe it to yourself to see this film. If you do not, and you have grandchildren, you should explain to them why you decided not to.
Now go see it.

No comments: