Monday, September 05, 2005

Home Safe

Just got back from the big Ottawa-Toronto drive. Boy, does my ass ever hurt. Maybe I'm not used to driving for a long time, but are my gluts supposed to be sore? I didn't think I was clenching them particularly - I was so relaxed I was afraid I'd fall asleep at the wheel. How do truckers do it?

Missing John already - he's back in Ottawa now and I'm here, alone, and bereft.

I howl in anguish:

AWWWWWOOOOOOOooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, I must go and make sure the car is fed before I go to bed tonight - I will return the beast tomorrow morning and I don't want to wait in line for gas. For the record, it's a Toyota Camry, and it was an excellent drive unlike the crappy piece of Chevrolet Cobalt I drove earlier this week. I also discovered the joys of cruise control - I think it went a long way to helping me save gas - it took less than half a tank (35 L) to get from Ottawa to Toronto.

Okay then, going to drown my sorrows in $1.30 gasoline. No wait, that doesn't make it better...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Solid Silver Wallet Pen
This fine specimen could make a great gift for retro users. Designed to fit into the fold of most men's wallets, the Wallet Pen is handmade of solid sterling silver and features a standard mini ballpoint ...
Hi, You have nice collection on your website. Please visit asset management software related site. It has
some good resources on asset management software