Sunday, September 11, 2005

FEED ME!

This is me standing next to my parents' new security system: the man-eating sunflower.

I don't know why they let it get so big: I guess it falls into their Darwinian way of gardening. Maybe you're familiar with it: it entails not removing any weeds and letting just about anything that pops up mature, just so we can see what it is. (We've discovered cannibis can grow that way sometimes.)

And in case you think I made this up like the guy with the giant cat, I couldn't photoshop this even if I wanted to. Trust me on this. It's real.

Just so you get an idea: I'm 5'2". And the flower hasn't yet bloomed yet, and will probably grow taller before it does.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the flower started sagging a little today, the head i think is ready to bloom as some yellow can be seen in the middle popping out. It'll probably end up drooping over like a shower head, sprinkling pollen and seeds when you pass under it.

Danielle said...

Vicki, are you wearing a skirt?

Vicki said...

Not only am I wearing a skirt: it's a SUMMER DRESS!!!
Yes, sadly, I have given in to wearing the occassional frill. Partly because work demands it, but this was on Sunday, and I don't go to church, so I really have no excuse for my girlish outburst.
Next thing you know, I'll be wearing a bonnet and carrying a parasol in my lace-gloved hands...

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Holy effin crap. Do you live near a nuclear power plant or something?