Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Are You RUSHFIT?

I already know I'm not.

I guess it was only a matter of time before GSP came out with his own workout program, RUSHFIT, now available on DVD. I wonder whether he'll look back and regret these in five or ten years--it seems like no one in the world can make a workout video that doesn't look dated.

Some great quotes from the website:


Is GSP RUSHFIT for women?

YES. RUSHFIT was designed for both men and women, and women instructors appear in each workout DVD. Ladies, there is no reason you can't work as hard, train like a champion the way Georges St-Pierre does, and see results as good or better than any guy. This is as close to 1-on-1 time with GSP that women can get.

You hear that, ladies? AS CLOSE AS YOU CAN GET TO ONE-ON-ONE WITH GSP. You will NEVER get to smell him, but you can imagine the aroma of his sweat as you sweat along with him!

I'm not familiar with MMA or mixed martial arts moves. I don't want to be a fighter or beat people up, is this for me?

YES. Though it blends some MMA-specific techniques, RUSHFIT is a functional fitness program. There is no hitting or physical confrontation. The value in the workouts is the MMA style strength and conditioning that applies to anyone and all sports.

But...what if I do want to beat someone up?


The program itself looks horribly painful, but as the champ says, "Enjoy the release of pain."

I'm trying to enjoy the release of sweat, myself. There's a lot of it. No wonder he had such a nice complexion.

Watch the assessment video: it's pretty grueling, and Georges comes out of it saying "That was the worst day of my life." Considering my allergy to pain, something tells me this is not the workout for me.



No comments: