Saturday, June 26, 2010

G20 as explained by animals -OR- Why I Never Became a Journalist

It's true I have a bachelor of journalism degree from Ryerson University. It is also true that I did not want to become a hardcore journalist.

While I was mildly curious about what was going on downtown this weekend, I was also not willing to risk life or limb to actually find out. I've read enough Twitter and Facebook updates, though, to get a sense of the malaise of Torontonians, the sadness and anger and rage coursing through residents and protesters alike.

So to cut through the bitterness on both sides, I present you the G20 protests as I believed they happened, reenacted by cute animals. (No animals were harmed in the making of these pictures. Sadly, I can't say the same for the people involved on either side of the protests.)


1. The perceived problem among some anarchists and anti-capitalist protesters:




2 a) and b): The natural conflict between haves and have nots:




3. How to protest:



4. Why things sometimes get out of hand...



5 a) thru c). Results of provocation:






6. What residents of hosting cities of G20 are all thinking:



All photos are from Cuteoverload.com.

2 comments:

Piya said...

I like this very much.

saad said...

Awesome post. I, too, am a fan of animal photos with witty captions.