Wednesday, June 11, 2008

AvatarSQUEEEEEeee....

A rundown of Shyamalan's The Last Airbender according to the big-screen preview (via Reuters):

  • A $250-million budget for three movies (mostly to be spent on CGI).
  • First movie to be released July 2, 2010.
  • Set to be shot in Greenland and Vietnam.
  • Shyamalan's having trouble dealing with a PG rating, since he's used to R.

More info on the movie here, here and here.

P.S. You'll notice the four elements icon--I'm gonna try to use that for any Avatar-related squeeness from now on, just so those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about can go, hey, there it is again...maybe I should start watching me summa dat dere show, eh?

2 comments:

celestialspeedster said...

You should be shuddering with dread. M. Night Shyamalan is proving to be a hack. Check out his Rotten Tomatoes rating. Note the steep decline.

Vicki said...

I'm reserving my dread for later. Shymalan's a huge ATLA fan, and he's working really closely with the creators, so I still (sadly) have hope...like Katara the optimist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zltbcBlDtPg&eurl=http://lj-toys.com/?journalid=10750166&moduleid=11&preview=&auth_token=sessionless:1213416000:embedcontent