Sunday, November 11, 2007

Little Things

SQUEEEEEEEEEEAVATARSQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I've gone the crazy. It was a long weekend of reading about "pleasure jewels" and copulating with dragons and faeries. What an absolutely fantastic book. Everyone: you owe it to yourselves to read Bertrice Small's Hetar series. I've mentioned it before: the last book in the series was The Twilight Lord.***

But then I downloaded the latest episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and then my weekend suddenly went from scoring -100 to +1,000,000. Oh, bittorrent, I love you!

* * * * * * *

On a totally separate side note, today is Remembrance Day. I haven't bought a poppy this year because I tend to stab myself repeatedly during the month until I look like a diabetic with bad aim, or else lose the darned thing before November 11. Every time I saw someone wearing one, or spotted an old veteran with his collection box standing in a drafty TTC station, my conscience would be nudged. But then I realized that I don't need a velvet-fuzzed plastic heroine blossom to actually appreciate those brave men and women who served. All I need is my innate guilt at being alive, making my home in a country blessed with freedom and abundance....and a little show called Avatar.

So thank you, men and women who served. You fought and died were maimed and survived so that we would all have the opportunity to bitch about little things, and rejoice in little things; to actually care about little things, like whether we should buy lil' pins. I think we owe you a little more than the spare change in our pockets.

***Disclaimer:
The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent Harlequin’s positions, strategies or opinions. One would think this was evident, but new blogging guidelines at work force me to post this every time I mention what I do for a living.

No comments: