Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Grand Theft Auto: Driving Lessons Edition

Over the weekend, John and I finally picked up a PS2. We own a bunch of games for it, but only my sister and her hubby owned the system, so we really didn't play all that much. Now, though, I can play to my heart's content.

Among the games we own is the highly-acclaimed Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Now, I like violence as much as the next person. But when it comes to driving around the city, I try to obey the traffic signals as much as I can...even if they don't always make sense in the game. Because if there's one thing I just can't abide by, it's poor driving.

The result is me yelling questions at John...who has rightfully taken to ignoring me when I play GTA.

Among my queries:

  • How do I signal for a left turn?
  • Ooh, shiny mo-ped! Hmm...where's my helmet?
  • Ohhh, nooo! I hit a lady! Quick! I have a cell phone in my inventory! How can I call 911?
  • How do I honk my horn? Those people are crossing on a red! Common courtesy, people!
  • Parallel parking is so much fun....Oooh, now I'm gonna practice my 3-point turns!
  • Am I going to get ticketed if I leave my car here? I have to go in and shoot someone, but I should be back in, like, five minutes.
  • Shouldn't I, like, put gas in the car?

1 comment:

celestialspeedster said...

I find the timing of this purchase convenient. Could it be that you are trying to hole up in your apartment so that you are not saddled with babysitting duty?

Parents of Koh:"Why don't you come upstairs to play your games on our PS2? Oh! And Koh just happens to be lying beside the PS2! Could you..."
You: "Can't babysit. Busy with...work."
Parents of Koh:"What's that shooting noise?"