Friday, November 25, 2005

Kiss of Death

From the Toronto Star:

Girl with peanut allergy killed by kiss
Nov. 25, 2005. 12:16 PM

A fifteen-year-old Quebec girl with a severe allergy to peanuts has died after a kiss from her boyfriend.

According to the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean Le Quotidien, the boyfriend had recently eaten peanut butter.

The girl was hospitalized for several days and died earlier this week.

The stricken girl was injected with adrenaline immediately after she grew ill, but it wasn't effective.


This made me gasp. And then I wanted to laugh, but couldn't. But I laughed anyhow. I just feel sorry for the boyfriend - I mean, how many MORE hangups is he going to have now? Boy, being a teen sucks. Really, really sucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on work from home options when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for work from home options. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about work from home options at the site above.

Anonymous said...

You get more spam comments than any other blog I've seen.
How stupid is that boyfriend? He should have known that since his girlfriend has a severe peanut butter allergy, and they exchange bodily fluids (ewwww), then maybe he should swear off peanut butter. This dork will probably be surprised when his next girlfriend gets pregnant despite his foolproof "pull out" method.