Monday, January 31, 2005

Actors and their weird career paths

From Cheryl McFadden, dance coordinator, to Dr. Beverly Crusher, here are a couple of other actors whose acting careers went in odd directions:

Jeff Conaway
Went on to appear prominently on Babylon 5 after playing Kenickie in Grease (i.e. Travolta's best friend who knocks up Rizzo.)

Burgess Meredith
One of the world's finest. He even did voices for G.I. Joe: The Movie (still one of my favourites).

Jerry Orbach
From the streets of Law and Order to voicing a -- damn, what's that word I'm looking for that describes inanimate objects brought to life and have faces...help me out here.... -- candelabra in Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

Be...Our...Guest....Be our guest.... la la la....

Not that I hold these actors' lengthy and all-encompassing careers against them. I just think it's weird that the characters I know so well are played by other characters I know so well.

I mean, what if Mark Hamill were to play a priest... oh wait, he already did that. Alongside Christopher Reeve. And Kirstie Alley. *shudder*

All I can say to that is that if Superman and Luke Skywalker can't stop a bunch of alien children from taking over, we're doomed.


No comments: