Monday, August 02, 2010

SQUEE!

I have been coveting the Avatar: The Last Airbender -- The Art of the Animated Series book since it came out. It's an Avatard's dream.

I read the book cover to cover on the drive to and back from Bruce Peninsula. All I can say is wow. I mean, WOW. You never think about the detail and thought that goes into a show like this until you really sit down to study it all frame by frame. There's a reason for everything in this show, and studying the design has only increased my appreciation for the series...and made me want to rewatch it for those little things I missed the first time.

Love the insider notes from creators Bryan and Mike. Foreward by M. Night Shyamalan is grudgingly entertaining. But let's not speak of his atrocities when we have such pretty shinies to look at, hmm?

No, you can't borrow it. Okay, well, maybe, if you read it in front of me while wearing gloves.

3 comments:

Dangard Ace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dangard Ace said...

Can your nephew and niece read it? :p

Danielle said...

You can read a book while in a moving vehicle? Impressive...