Friday, April 16, 2010

Updates!

Random post!

1. On me and sickness:
MRI's scheduled for July 26th at 10 p.m. Don't know why I have to go in so late, but whatever. Haven't had another episode of hearing loss since, but I did have a BPV moment the other day when I turned over in bed. Not a happy moment.

Thanks to Kainnon for emailing me a textbook about inner ear infections and disorders. Educational and terrifying!

2. Nuptials:
Wedding's in 43 days. I'm trying not to think about the stuff that still needs to be done. We'll get to it eventually, I'm sure. RSVPs sure would be welcome...

3. The Cat:
I think Smartikus is getting less and less graceful by the day. In fact, I think he's turning into a dog. He came bounding toward me when I got home in a perfect imitation of my family dog, Yoshi. He was also very sedate and let the niece and nephew bury their faces in his fur in exchange for a bite of croissant. We've caught him failing at cat grace a number of times, too. He's fallen off the table and counter a few times when trying to jump up. Maybe he has cat BPV?

4. The fiance:
For those of you who haven't read his stuff yet, John's now blogging freelance for Toronto Life. Check him out at http://www.torontolife.com/daily/author/jmcgrath/

5. Writing:
Computer has finally cacked out on me, so I've been making do with John's desktop and my Eee until I can get a whole new system built. I haven't been able to get a good chunk of writing done, despite the whittling to my YA WIP. And now the plot bunnies are attacking. Very frustrating.

6. The House:
Been working on the gardens, and now have a nice clean front yard with the last vestiges of crosuses and irises, along with whatever the previous owner was growing. I'm also prepping the backyard and starting seeds for tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, cilantro, dill and parsley. So either I'll have fantastic salad by the end of summer, or one big compost heap.

That is all for now.

No comments: