Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Shoooooooooes!!!

I just bought the two pairs of ballet flats in the lower right hand corner over the weekend at the Payless Shoes BOGO sale, wondering all the while if I really needed more shoes.

So when I got home, I took all my shoes out and snapped this shot. There are 22 pairs of shoes there, for those of you trying to count. 24 if you count the running shoes I have stashed at work and my house slippers.

I've always considered my shoe fetish to be rather tame compared to others' I know, men included. I try to vary my styles but keep them consistently timeless and fashionable, as well as comfortable.

The question is, do I have enough shoes now? Am I woman enough?

The answer to both those questions is a resounding NO: not until I have handbags to match.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Vicki,

I had no idea you owned so many pairs of girly shoes! I am impressed by the varied collection you possess (but feel compelled to add that I am trying to reign back on my own over-consumption so I must at least attempt to nudge others I know to do the same ;-)

Vicki said...

I make up for it by not owning a car, bringing my lunch to work every day in reusable tupperware, recycling, and using both sides of the toilet paper. Little steps, Danielle, little steps.... 8 )

celestialspeedster said...

How do you use both sides of the toilet paper?

Anonymous said...

2nd row from the bottom, 2nd pair from the left, do u want a blue pair of those? I have them but I find my feet are too weird shape to be comfortable in them

Vicki said...

Denise: VERY carefully.

Jenny: Sure. Fiona can wear 'em, methinks.