Saturday, November 11, 2006

Frankenberry: the creepiest cereal mascot ever

During an online chat with a bunch of people, we got to talking about cereal. And then Frankenberry popped up, so I wiki'd it and oh my god, I am scarred for life. Again.

I'd forgotten just how creepy some of these characters are. Frankenberry is the pink, doped-up version of Mary Shelley's monster. And, apparently, Dr. Frankenberry accidentally used an bum for the thing's noggin. He looks like part monkey, part retard, and part ass.

And what the hell is that thing coming out of the side of that awful fuschia glute melon? The traditional bolts have been replaced by...
...Is...is that a steam whistle?

Never mind that this cereal will probably eat your guts alive ten ways from Sunday. The image on the box probably drove all the sugar-bomb loving-kids away. Or possibly made them teh gay.

Or teh doped-up retard steam-powered monkey-bot...who is also teh gay.

1 comment:

Flocons said...

That's right. Frankenberry and the other monster-themed cereals were typical in General Mill's sugar-loaded cereal line-up. Don't forget other odd cereals like PacMan cereal and Mr. T cereal. OH man, I could talk about this for days! Um... I think I should go now.