Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking back...

I posted this on the first of the year, and it seems appropriate to comment on how things went in 2009:

  • Starting a fresh day book and calendar: the old ones were getting ratty--they were, like, a year old!--Okay, this still holds true at the end of every year. What can I say, I'm a sucker for calendars.
  • A hot new president who will change the world (politics is fun again!)--Obama is on the road to implementing Universal Health Care, won a Nobel Peace Prize (whether you think he deserves it or not), and has done assorted other good things. No complaints from me so far.
  • Being a bridesmaid in one of my longest standing friends' wedding (I'm struggling with the proper term, because it's not oldest friend, and long-time friend sounds weird. Anyone? Help?)--Er...yeah...that didn't happen...
  • The bachelorette party associated with said nuptial (very possibly to Las Vegas)--This did happen. Good times.
  • Watching as more of my friends from high school try for and grow big with children (and subsequently pointing and laughing, then consoling the tears and recriminations...)--Two more on the way!
  • John finishing his masters of journalism (and school forever...?)--DONE AND DONE. THANK GOD.
  • Me and John going on a celebratory trip to some place hot--possibly on a cruise of some kind--We both ended up taking separate trips to Vegas this year. That's as close as we got.
  • A possible start to searching for our first home together--CHECK!
  • Planning the wedding--Venues are booked, dress is bought...I don't need anything else, do I?

What does 2010 hold?

The wedding!
The honeymoon!
And I WILL sell a book, dammit, or else get an agent or SOMETHING.

Onward!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Smartikus would be angry he's not in this list. No wonder he bites.

Bonnee Crawford said...

Yes! Sell a book! ^_^ I'll buy it! XD Haha, and let's hope the wedding isn't a replay of certain fanfic you wrote *coughtilldeathdouspartcough* :)
Love ya
- A~A~A