Sunday, March 29, 2009

I got what I paid for

It turns out ol' *whispers* Slider is a dud of a phone. Slider was on his deathbed these past couple of days and today I practically had to jumpstart it by shaking it and threatening to throw it into the toilet. All to no avail. There was no restarting the one-and-a-half-year-old phone. The ol' Nokia slide phone I got free after signing up for a 3-year contract is just plain old dead.

I had to beg the Telus guy (read: whine like bitch) to waive the $25 connection fee for my new $100 LG Venus (it was the cheapest one they had available), a slick little slide phone with a tiny touch screen. But in order for me to do that, I had to buy a $25 clip-on case. It was the best he could do (and unsmilingly, at that), but it was more than anyone else had offered me up to this point, so I went for it.

I really suppose I can't complain: I've been with Telus since it was Clearnet, (circa 1999). I bought my first phone with a $100 gift certificate for the Ryerson bookstore, one I won in a raffle. I subsequently upgraded, paying only $25 for a new handset, which was the old radiation king I used until I bought ol' Slider in June 2007.

$125 for 4 phones over ten years ain't bad, I suppose. I just hope my Venus doesn't decide it doesn't want to play anymore after six months....

Still...GRRRRRRR!!! I hate it when this happens!

No comments: