From the Toronto Star:
Girl with peanut allergy killed by kissNov. 25, 2005. 12:16 PM
A fifteen-year-old Quebec girl with a severe allergy to peanuts has died after a kiss from her boyfriend.
According to the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean Le Quotidien, the boyfriend had recently eaten peanut butter.
The girl was hospitalized for several days and died earlier this week.The stricken girl was injected with adrenaline immediately after she grew ill, but it wasn't effective.
This made me gasp. And then I wanted to laugh, but couldn't. But I laughed anyhow. I just feel sorry for the boyfriend - I mean, how many MORE hangups is he going to have now? Boy, being a teen sucks. Really, really sucks.